Tuesday 8 November 2011

Week 3 - Editing

We started editing the film today, we decided to start our film with the the classroom scene we originally thought to do. So we looked through our clips and watched them back and picked out certain parts to use for the opening. However we came across a problem which was that in the doodle we filmed chloe drawing, her real mane is on the top of the paper, causing us to try and find ways to remove it.
We ended up having to through all our clips of that scene and picking out ones where her name is covered by the hand and not the flower. I think we handled this problem well because we did it as a group.

This is a shot where her hand is covering the name at the top.

I began to do the credits, I looked through different types of fonts and found one that suited our film well, it was called 'garden_type_ demo'. As a group we thought this font fitted well with the film as it was stems with words for the flowers, as shown below:


On photoshop, I managed to change the colour of the credits as well as the size. I got stuck when trying to save them to the computer, once I had finished, so I asked the teacher for help. He showed me how to save the layers properly and advised me that I do them induvidually so that we could insert them properly. I took this on board and followed his instructions. I managed to save them successfully and send them to Sarah and Chloe's computer via a hard-drive provided by the teacher. An exmaple of the credits are shown below, they are on a pink background because they looked bland when inserted on a black canvas, so we changed it to pink on the final cut express software after adding them to the sequence:


 We managed to finish the editing of the scene we got stuck with and we hope that next lesson we can finish it as a whole and insert the credits. If we can do this we will get to insert the music as well as get ahead in the editing and go over the editing throughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 12U1-54 CHILDRENS FILM 2011. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesignz